Sunday 28 April 2013

Purpose

i'm writing this blog as part of my college course for developing computer games. my aim is to create a basic story that can later be turned into a script. i have specific criteria that i aim to meet covering components employed, characterisation,plot devices and narrative flow.

as i have stated before i will be basing my story upon the Metroid franchise, particually Super Metroid.
i recognise that Metroid and all of the characters i use are the intellectual property of Nintendo and have been used for academic purposes only.

the main reason that i have chosen to use Metroid as the basis for my story is that although the game has a set and structured storyline, there is little to no actual dialogue which makes it very flexible when it comes to changing story elements and very simple to create a script for, which i will be doing as the next unit in my course.

now the the main target audience for my story would be sixteen to eighteen year-olds, though as Metroid is a slightly older franchise it may appeal to a slightly older audience as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment